Self-Brett is an innovative new device that makes testing Brettanomyces in your beer simple and easy.
It is based on a patented selective growth media that is specific to Brettanomyces species, incorporated into a very simple-to-use device.
The benefits of Self-Brett are:
- Simple to use
- No other lab equipment needed
- Positive Brett detection by both smell and visual colony growth
- No laboratory skills required
- Semi-quantitative determination
- To use: open the tube, pour in beer, drain, re-seal and leave
Developed in Italy by Dr. Simona Campolongo of Grape SRL and now used around the world and brought to Australia exclusively by Vintessential Laboratories.
Instructions for Use
- Unscrew the lid and extract the dip-slide from the tube.
Avoid contamination and do not touch the agar on the slide.
- Fill the tube with beer up to the mark.
- Place the slide back in the tube and screw tight.
- Mix the tube contents and wait for 60 seconds.
- Unscrew the lid and drain the beer from the tube.
- Place the slide back in the tube and screw the lid tight.
- Leave the tube in a warm room for 7-10 days (best results at 20oC to 25oC)